Re: CA Smog, 76 XJ12C

To: "Sprite Maling List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: CA Smog, 76 XJ12C
From: "R. Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 19:26:59 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
    Also some (crooked) smog guys in CA will make it pass no matter what.
Some guys will adjust timing and mixture until it passes no matter if the
car runs well or not, he'll adjust it back once he is finished. I'm not
endorsing this in any way but I rather break a minor law then to see a
beutiful car off the road! Or you could wait, in a few years CA will move
the smog cut off date up past 1976 and you will be smog exempt like my
mobile.
Good luck
Toby