Re: HIF4 SU Carbs

To: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HIF4 SU Carbs
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:43:39 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Rich,
        I can help here!  H(sidedraft) I(intergral) F(floatbowl) carb kits are
handed because of the direction of the pick-up tube at the bottom of each
jet that end up in that little well at the bottom of the float bowl.  Years
ago, when I worked assembling these jets, a "performance" upgrade was to
cut the horizontal portion of this tube off at a 45* angle. This was
intended to better enable fuel supply during HARD cornering. (when the well
ran dry)
        The HS kits (side float bowl w/ tube) are handed because of the jet tube
and the bowl mount rubber thing. (Except for the American made aftermarket
kits that have the "universal" black jet with unattached rubber hose and
without the rubber dingus.)  H and HD (diaphragm jet) kits are NOT handed BTW.
Peter C.