Re: Son of Drain Plug

To: TYPE79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Son of Drain Plug
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:46:39 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
TYPE79@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Mark,
> Please accept my apology. There was nothing personal intended by my comments
>on the "drain plug saga". That was the purpose of the happy face. In fact, I
>think I am upset that you didn't appreciate that happy face. Those happy faces
>don't come cheap you know?!
>
> But seriously, you can't be into this British junk without some sense of
>humor. My God! It's damn near as important as that 1/2" wrench.
>
> And please don't refrain from asking questions; that's the only way you get
>an answer. Hell when I first started in this Healey thang, my stupid questions
>not only filled a book but whhen we ran out of room in the book, we dumped
>them all in the no good excuse of a car I made the mistake of buying first
>time around. Geese Louise, I didn't even know that the Vega wheels weren't
>original!
>
> But back to that DP thang. What I found exciting was the fact that it became
>the Energizer Bunny of the Spridget List. It just went on and on and on and on
>and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
>and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
>and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
>and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and...
>
> Hey Mark. You have a good evening and a nice day tomorrow. Someday we may
>meet at a meet. Then, if you have one of them drain plugs with you, we can let
>my monkey size it.
>
> (In a hushed tone: Mark, I don't expect you to understand that last comment.
>It is meant for a certain lurker in our midst. Shhhhhhhh)
>
> Jay Fishbein, CT
> AN-5
> HAN-6
> Innocenti-S
>
> On 02/15/99 18:45:53 you wrote:
> >
> >> You must be tired of this drivel by now, so I will retire and wait for
> >> the next installment of the drain plug series. :-)
> >>
> >> Keep Smiling, AYOT,ED?
> >>
> >> Jay Fishbein, CT
> >> AN-5
> >> HAN-6
> >> Innocenti-S
> >
> >Jay, that is the second time you have taken a shot at me for bring up
> >the size of the rear end drain plug. What is the problem? My question
> >was if there was an actual tool that was made to fit the plug instead of
> >having to make one, and the only person actually answer my question was
> >Daniel. But why do you trivialize my question? I am new at working on
> >British cars after having worked on North American cars for the past
> >fifteen years. I am used to being able to buy a tool that fits exactly,
> >and not one that sort of fits, and can round out the holes because it is
> >not an exact fit. This might not be important to you, but it is to me.
> >
> >I can tell by your other posts on technical matters that you have had
> >much experience with these cars, but I would appreciate it if you would
> [...]
Thanx for the smile....I was writing in a semi-tongue-in-cheek style,
but I did see the smiley face, and no offense taken.  It is amazing how
many tricks such a small car can hide. Like the old plug that exposes
the slave cylinder trick, that I discovered only after taking all the
skin off one arm, and learning that I am a contortionist to some extent.

I never have been shy to ask questions, but I will try to keep the ratio
of stupid questions to good ones low, for everyones sake.

Mark Snowdon
a babe in the woods of MOWOG....