Re: is that supposed to be there,err not there?

To: "Tob Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>, "Sprite Maling List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: is that supposed to be there,err not there?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:19:24 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
and you would be right Toby... I use it on the chassis of the Bonneville
car based on the recommendations of Geek that have tried it all... they
seem so love this stuff for preventing Salt from Killing the Car.... Like
the Original Healey Streamliners... wow what a loss.... sure would have
liked to have Margo's flower pot...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: Tob Atwater <tob@taltec.net>
> To: Sprite Maling List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Subject: is that supposed to be there,err not there?
> Date: Saturday, February 27, 1999 6:04 PM
>
>     I took off the hood of my newly acquired sprite, yesterday, to get a
good look
> at the battery compartment, I shouldn't have. Isn't there supposed to be
some kind
> of floor or tray that the battery rests on??
> If not, looks like Lucas did it to me again, burned right through the
tray and I
> now have a great view of the tranny tunnel underneath. I guess the
correct way to
> repair this would be welding new sheet metal in, right? Well I used some
sheet
> screws to put some sheet metal in there, Won't win any competitions but
works well
> & added a plastic battery mat.
> But before doing that work,  I used this stuff called POR-15, its great
stuff. It's
> supposed to prevent rust for eons. It is a bit difficult to apply, (3
components to
> brush on) but it is worth it. It hardens like steel and is easily
paitable. I guess
> I'll keep you up to date in the next 20 years see if any rust comes back,
I doubt