is that supposed to be there,err not there?

To: "Sprite Maling List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: is that supposed to be there,err not there?
From: "Tob Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 18:04:22 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
    I took off the hood of my newly acquired sprite, yesterday, to get a good
look
at the battery compartment, I shouldn't have. Isn't there supposed to be some
kind
of floor or tray that the battery rests on??
If not, looks like Lucas did it to me again, burned right through the tray and I
now have a great view of the tranny tunnel underneath. I guess the correct way
repair this would be welding new sheet metal in, right? Well I used some sheet
screws to put some sheet metal in there, Won't win any competitions but works
well
& added a plastic battery mat.
But before doing that work,  I used this stuff called POR-15, its great stuff.
It's
supposed to prevent rust for eons. It is a bit difficult to apply, (3
components to
brush on) but it is worth it. It hardens like steel and is easily paitable. I
guess
I'll keep you up to date in the next 20 years see if any rust comes back, I
doubt
it.

Again, no official relations with POR-15, I just think its good stuff.

Thanks,
Toby