Re: Weber DCOE

To: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Weber DCOE
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 13:53:25 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Larry & Sandi Miller wrote:

> 1. What is a good book on tuning Webers?

I have the Haynes, the one by Pierce Manifolds and the one by Pat Braden.
I like the latter, it does help with figuring out what to change.  Also
Daniel 1312 just recommended one.

> 2. Which of the various pieces, jets, emulsion tubes, pumps, etc, do I need
> to fiddle with?

idle jets: low rpm to lower mid rpm depending on carb/venturi size
main jets: medium rpm
air jets: high rpm
emulsion tubes: pure luck, have to use trial and error, rarely changed
acc. pump jet: increase when flat spot on stomping the pedal

> 3. How do I decide what parts to order before I start?

>From reading the book and comparing to your symptoms.

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9