Re: Weber DCOE

To: millerls@ado13.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber DCOE
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:37:41 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 01/3/1999  5:53:21PM,  millerls@ado13.com writes:

<< Well so much for Pierce Manifolds being helpful. All I got from them was
"We
 have sold 30,000 of them and they all work, must be your car">>

Does mean they sold that many for Sprites OR have they sold that many for
various cars but JET THEM ALL THE SAME!!

 The only book I have on Webers is the Haynes. It does not help any on the
 tuning, just on the how to take apart and put back together.>>

But it does show you the position of the calibrateable parts.

<< 1. What is a good book on tuning Webers?>>

Vizards A-Series book has a good section in it.

 <<2. Which of the various pieces, jets, emulsion tubes, pumps, etc, do I need
 to fiddle with?>>

Check the sizes of the main venturi first followed by Auxillary (booster)
venturi.  BE SURE you have some ram pipes/horns/trumpets fitted to the carb -
will run like a pig without out them!!

 <<3. How do I decide what parts to order before I start?>>

Larry, just e-mail me, the list,  or David Anton at A.P.T (aptfast.com) - find
out what you have first before buying anything.

 <<I don't have any numbers on the parts that are in it now as I don't know
 which parts I need to be concerned with.>>

You need to refer to the parts by the name given to them in the manual.  What
they have on them should be a size - this is all the matters because the parts
are sold by size although a full part reference number does exist.

Finally, do check the ignition timing is ok - the engine may even need a
distributor with no vacuum advance and a competely different curve to stock.

Daniel1312