Fuel pump problems!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel pump problems!
From: "Guy" <Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:09:10 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I took the List advice and ordered a replacement fuel pump
(1500 Midget, mechanical pump, diaphragm leaking)
The replacement pump is different to the original.
It won't fit, at least not without forcing it and I am sure it is wrong.
The lever arms are different shapes. The original, stamped 7990489 is more
curved, sort of "J" shaped, and the contact point onto the cam shaft appears
to be at a different position relative to the pump mounting flange. The
replacement has no number on the lever arm, which is straighter and more
pointy.
The original uses a spacer between the block and pump, but the new one won't
pull up tight to the spacer; something (like the lever arm ??) seems to be
stopping it.
Help, Help,  I need your help!

Guy

Have I got the wrong one?