RE: factory discs?

To: "'Peter C.'" <nosimport@mailbag.com>, Herb_Goede@amsinc.com, Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Subject: RE: factory discs?
From: "William, Roger" <rwilliam@elsikmail.alief.isd.tenet.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:44:09 -0600
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You could order a Bugeye Sprite with 4 wheel disc brakes. You could also
order a conversion from the factory. I have found that in the SCCA rules of
the period, that they did indeed allow  HP Sprites to run with a Factory
conversion 4 wheel disc set-up. Most of the guys of the period who raced
Sprites did so because they were poor and the cars were cheap. As a result,
if one could afford the price of the conversion they usually had enough
bucks to buy and drive a faster car. Remember, for not much more money you
could get a really fast Lotus 7 or Lotus Elite. I have never seen one of
these Sprite set-ups but have know guys who raced then and they told me they
saw them.
That is my two cents.