Re: factory discs?

To: toobmany@bigpond.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: factory discs?
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 00:14:21 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/12/99 1:22:40 PM, toobmany@bigpond.com writes:

<< It's a small point but a wire wheel/ disc brake conversion was available
from the Donald Healey Motor Company or Sprinzel as an aftermarket kit not
as a BMC production item, unless there is information I don't have. >>

Peter,

I believe you are correct.  This is also true of certain hardtops, side
curtains and will bet a few other less know items, special tuning options for
instance.  In the U.S. (So. Calif.) some BMC dealers offered these items and
called them factory options.  Our understanding is that these options did not
void the BMC warranty but do not have any data to support that information.
However we do recall seeing U.S. made hardtops and a number of other do da's
being offered as "factory options" and it is for certain that BMC had no
knowledge of these offerings.  It was a different time where the buyer needed
to be informed or beware.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)