Re: factory discs?

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, <Herb_Goede@amsinc.com>, "Albert F Jones" <fisher@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: factory discs?
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 17:50:14 +1100
Cc: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bingo!

I think we have an answer!  Part numbers prefixed by a Q were used on
performance parts supplied by the Speed Equipment Division (run by
Sprinzel) of the Donald Healey Motor Co from behind their Grosvenor St
showroom.  As these parts were also available from BMC dealers it makes
sense that they eventually got standardised numbers.

Regarding the Super Sprite (a model name used by DMH on Sprite prototypes)
Factory Conversion, as the Healey Motor Co was registered as a manufacturer
the discs could easily be seen as a "factory" conversion.  Wasn't Sprinzel
also a *manufacturer*?

BUT just to skew things a little DMH's contract with BMC included
development of the Sprite so any development he did could also be claimed
to be BMC factory as well!

So I think re this topic everybody wins, n'est pas?

(in so deep it doesn't matter any more!)

Peter Westcott

PS sorry if the Born Again post offended anyone

Mk 1
Mk 2
Mk 4
Morris Major