Re: Fw: Sprite colors\ VIN lookup

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fw: Sprite colors\ VIN lookup
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:01:53 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert Duquette wrote:

> Hey y'all!
>
> Red 'may' be faster but in this world there is a serenity that can be found
> when you have your car 'green with you.
>
> Oh, I confused myself!  Is that when you have your green A car with you, ...
> or when you have your car A'green with you?  Anyone agree'n with me?
>
> So, do we agree on red for speed and green for serenity?
>
> There used to be a rumour that there were some colours of cars that were
> found statistically to be involved in more accidents and therefore insurance
> rates would be higher.  What was it?  Green was the unconcious signal for
> 'go' and so people didn't try to avoid you and red means stop and so they
> did try to avoid you?
>
> You know, you could paint it a camoflage rust colour!
>
> Robert Duquette
> Ottawa ON Canada
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette
> RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca
> '65 RHD BRG Sprite

Still cold up there in the Great White North Robert? Better light the
sterno can under your brain as it is icing up......I know the survey you
are talking about and it should have had a section for cars most likely
to get caught speeding. Then the top answer would have been anything
driven by me. I was a favorite of the OPP. I like the new paint that
Dupont came out with that makes the car look one color when it is coming
towards you and another when you drive away. Bet that would throw the
coppers off.

Mark Snowdon
Greensboro NC
PS. I always wanted to get ahold of the matchbox color changing paint
that changed colors when it got wet and paint a fleet of rental cars
with it. Imagine the confusion at the airport when it rained.<G>