Wire Wheels

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wire Wheels
From: Jay Snavely <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 02:49:52 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had my 71 Midget with wire wheels out today and decided that they needed
cleaning.  These wheels were new painted Daytons.  Last year a bought a spoke
brush and tried it out.  It helps in some places but I still can not figure out
how to get all the dirt off.  There is also some dried on oil/grease from the
splines.  Any ideas on how to get it off.  Is it easier to just take the wheels
off the car to clean them?  Wire wheels sure look nice but they are sure high
maintenance.  I'm not sure if I want them on my next car.

Jay Snavely
71 Midget BRG