Re: windshield and rubber

To: "Leo S." <ldsp@flash.net>
Subject: Re: windshield and rubber
From: "Bob Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:16:41 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Y'all,

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth about Scarborough Faire.  I bought
several hundred dollars worth of parts from them for an MGA about 7 or 8
years ago and had a very similar experience --- they told me that the parts
were made in England; when they arrived, the were Chinese junk, I called to
ask them to take them back, they were rude, and of course, they would not
take back the parts.  I have not ordered another part from them since.  I
see that they have not changed in the last 8 years!

Bob W.

----------
> From: Leo S. <ldsp@flash.net>
> To: Ronsoave@aol.com; Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
> Cc: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: windshield and rubber
> Date: Monday, April 05, 1999 10:10 PM
>
> Hi Ron: I ordered several from the major suppliers, VB, Moss, and of all
> places Scarborugh  Fair and none of them were even close to being worth
> using!!!! On word I will definitely say is do not buy from Scarbourgh
Fair
> as I am still waiting on the credit cards decision as she refuses to
accept
> the rubber back even after I emphatically asked if the rubber was made in
> the UK or China before ordering and was told they had it specially made
in
> the UK. When it arrived it was clearly labeled on the pkg.. made in
REPUBLIC
> OF CHINA!!!! URHRHRHRHRH  ,, Got the one I am using from Sports and
Classics