Re: Timing Chain Noise?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing Chain Noise?
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 21:25:51 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
If it's timing chain at idle it'll sound like your timing case is full of
marbles.  Under acceleration the noise will diminish because all the
'snatch' is taken out of the engine.  The noise will normally then reappear
on the overrun but please, as others have suggested, look for the easy
answer first.

Peter Westcott