Re: Master cylinder question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Master cylinder question
From: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 22:39:04 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
LBCarNut@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/8/99 12:30:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Ronsoave@aol.com
> writes:
>
> > Yup, good idea on all holes, and run a die over the bolts.  This is
> >  especially important on anything torque critical, as the shmegma in the
> > holes
> >  will give you a false toque reading on your wrench.
> In most cases this is true, but I would recommend against ever doing this on
> head studs etc. The threads on most of these are rolled not cut and running a
> die over them will introduce a sharp corner at the bottom of the threads that
> is liable to cause a failure.
> Regards,
> Peter S.
> Charlotte NC.
I am glad someone mentioned that, but it is a very good idea to run a
tap into the block to clear any blockages. I was taught to do this while
the engine is on the engine stand and inverted. This gravity will assist
you in clearing out any small particles. Also the use of a rag or cotton
swap to get any stubborn pieces out is also a good idea.

Mark Snowdon
Who seems to have to stand on his head half the time he works on these
cars.