Re: another new subscriber

To: "Todd Milliken" <turbotodd@cyberstation.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: another new subscriber
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:37:17 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Now wait mis-information... Well okay maybe.. but again that truth stuff is
elusive and often changes..

Welcome to the List Todd..... good to have you about...

My first sprite restoration cost about 1500 and I did all the work myself
started with a nice car my son and I toured Europe in... in 3 days.... Yeah
another long story...

not much about a sprite involves major money.... Now the BIG HEALEY.... wow
there is a horse of a different color..... Cant even afford Oil for those
things.... But like you it was my first Healey.... and again I restored it
myself... hmmm 20 yrs ago... at a cost of about 10,000

Now lets get into the race car cost.... wait.. my wife may read this...
LETS NOT...

Keith Turk...
Austin Healey 100/4
bugeye.... box sprites X to damn many and no they aren't for sale
Camaro Salt flats race car... ECTA record holder... 166.359 mph....

----------
> From: Todd Milliken <turbotodd@cyberstation.net>
> To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
> Subject: another new subscriber
> Date: Friday, April 09, 1999 2:39 PM
>
> Hey group-
>       Just thought I would add more to the discussion by introducing myself.
My
> name is Todd Milliken.  Joined the group seeking knowledge and guidance
on
> restoring my first car, a 1966 Sprite that I have owned since I was 17.
> (I'm 31 now)  The car was driven on and off for about 3 years then parked
in
> the driveway.  The tires that were on it then amazingly still have air in
> them and the car looks like it was parked there only last week.  My mom
is
> wanting it out of the driveway (She's in Oklahoma and I'm in Wichita
Falls,
> TX) so I plan on moving it down here and starting a new project.
>       I was curious as to how much the list members have spent on average on
> restoration projects, and to what extent the restorations were.  The
Sprite