Re: 12V Soldering Iron & what'd I miss?

To: nory_midget@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 12V Soldering Iron & what'd I miss?
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 08:13:37 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Or...

In the old days under the shade tree, when we needed to solder under the
hood, we'd take a first grade pencil, or a dry cell battery and use the
grafite from the pencil, or the carbon from the battery, hook a 5-6 ft wire
with aligator clips to the carbon and to the positive terminal of the battery
(reverse for pos. ground lbc's), and solder away with our 12volt arc solderer.

Note, practice on something useless first, and wear shades as you are making
a mini arc welder.

Robert Houston
"Mother is the necessity of invention, or something like that."