Re: Found a big suprize (Kinda long)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Found a big suprize (Kinda long)
From: Metallian6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 12:12:45 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 4/21/99 11:32:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<< I would take out the
 right seat, all the carpet, then take a wire brush on a drill motor or
 grinder and hold it to your worst rust spots to see how much metal is left
 there.  Then take some pictures of the areas and post them on your web
 site.  Let the body experts on this list advise you how bad it is. >>

I have my body man coming out to my home this week sometime. He is a good
friend of mine and dose great work without breaking you. I'll ask him how to
get the passenger seat all the way out. Maybe breaking the bolts. The
floorpans are shot anyway. And I have a feeling I'll be replacing the seats
as well. It is my intention to place updated pics of the damage on my web
site. Just need to get film developed. And get scanner fixed. And as for how
bad it is, I know it is pretty bad. My body man will be looking at it this
week and he will tell me if he can do the work. I'm not to worried about the
price cause he will restore the body on my '79 Trans Am for $600.00 that
includes body work, paint, labor, and placing the decals if I buy them.
I will keep the list posted. And I will update my web site when I get the
pictures developed. Keep in mind the pictures that I have posted were taken 6
years ago. We all know how fast rust can spread and the damage it can do in
this kind of time period.

James
1962 AH Sprite (Not feeling her best)
1979 Trans Am (Feeling the need for speed)
Web site links:
 <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>1962
Austin-Healey Sprite Restoration
</A>