Re:Radio Noise

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Radio Noise
From: Bill & Cindy <fatboy@metro.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:32:52 +0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 03:28 PM 4/24/99 -0400, you wrote:
>OK, still got the noise.
>
>I have Champion RN9YC plugs (resistor plugs, right?)
>I have copper core (non-resistor) wires
>I ran a direct ground from the radio ground wire to
>  the battery neg terminal
>
>I still get statis -- ignition noise -- crackling that
>increases with rpms
>
>Should I:
>
>A. Get resistor wires -- will they work in the dizzy cap

Chuck,

Your radio noise scenario sounds just like what we went through.

RN9YC plugs helped, but some noise was still present. I then installed some
7mm silicone wires into our side entry cap and most noise was eliminated.
The wires were a big improvement...and since ours is a daily driver
potential performance  loss was not a concern, and I have not had the
reputed "Champion" failures others have reported.

Hope this helps,

Bill & Cindy
Santa Rosa, CA

98 Sea Ray 190 BR