Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know
From: "Doug Ingram" <dougi@home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:32:09 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Jay:

A purist at heart, I run my car with very few modern concessions. Rebuilt
948, smoothcase gearbox, drum brakes all around, single circuit braking
system, H1 carbs, original fuse box, mechanical tach, positive ground,
original steering wheel, etc.

I do run on radial tires, my interior has carpets rather than rubber mats
and hardura, I use synthetic lubricants, have a modern battery, but that's
about it.

I have a lot of fun, and as long as I spend the time on maintenance the car
is very reliable. I am always concious of the lack of modern brakes. Like
you, I don't have any criticism for the modifications made by others, it's
just not my style.

Oh yeah, I have another modern item - the little remote garage door opener!

Doug Ingram
Victoria BC
1958 Frogeye
AN5L/636