Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know

To: toobmany@bigpond.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Inquiring Minds Want To Know
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:44:22 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Peter,

Are the 8" drums Riley or Wolseley, or something else?

What do you do to stop the 8" drums locking before the discs, or are the
discs big?

I have just found the best cure for fuel vapourisation is a thermal barrier
coating on the inlet manifold.  I have just had this down to my Sprite's
inlet manifold and I'm impressed.  Driving in stop start traffic on a hot day
I had absolutely no problems for the first time ever.  I also followed up on
the same day with full power (on a 286 cammed engine) runs on a chassis dyno
going up to 7,000rpm.  After each run and subsequent shut down it still
started first time every time.  Previous to the coating I have had much
shorter dyno sessions that caused lots of hot start problems.

The alloy drums are they 8"?  What did they come off (I take it not the Riley
or Wolsely I first assumed).?

 Daniel1312