Monterey British Car Show

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Monterey British Car Show
From: "Larry & Sandi Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 11:17:18 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
The Monterey British car show was held in downtown Pacific Grove yesterday.
Saturday was a driving tour of the Monterey peninsula and we put a lot of
miles on the new Bugeye. We got dribbled on a little on Saturday but not
bad.

Woke up Sunday morning, looked outside, went out and put the hardtop on the
car since I don't have a soft top or cover yet. Good thing I did, it rained
all morning. We still had a pretty good time, Rick, Carolyn, and Puddles
were here and we met fellow listers Peggy, her Husband Dave, and Hal. Hal is
still looking for a Bugeye.

It cleared up some in the afternoon and those of us that were still there
came out from under the covers and enjoyed the cars that were still there.

Of the 200 or so cars in attendance, Puddles was the only one whose picture
made the local paper. I think the photographer was attracted by the frog
perched on the headlight bowl.

Rick, if you want the clipping from the paper send me your address.

A scan of the newspaper photo can be found at
http://ado13.com/mcs99/puddles.gif
Notice that the car is listed as an Austin Healey "Frogeye" sport coupe.
Don't know if Rick lied to the guy or if the guy was not too bright. It's
difficult to mistake a roadster for a coupe.

A few other pictures can be found at http://ado13.com/mcs99/mcs99.html
Including some of the Miata powered Bugeye. The White Bugeye with the "For
Sale" sign had a price tag of $9500. Never talked to the owner as the car
was not entered in the show so I don't know why he was so proud of it as it
was not special in any way.

Larry Miller