Squeaky Front Suspension

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Squeaky Front Suspension
From: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 17:19:41 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello folks,

This is a bit of follow up to the Thursday night PUDDLJMPR chat night.
That evening I talked about the loud squeak in the front susepension of my
'74 Midget.  I figured greasing was in order, so I hit the three grease
nipples I found.  Are there more?  I found the lower outer a-arm, and two
(high and low on the axle assembly.  I never found the steering rack nipple
or tie-rod ends.  Any help here?

Anyway, I'm glad I did it 'cause I know you should keep the front end
well-lubricated, but the squeak goes on.  Happens at dead stop if you
bounce the front fenders.  Listening, it seems to come from the inner a-arm
bushing area.  Is there something I can spray in there that won't hurt my
poly bushings?

Also, I have a question about shock filling.  I know we've gone through oil
weights etc., but I've got a more basic question.  Which is the filler
plug? :)
I took out the small bolt nearest the engine (on top of the shock) and that
turned out to be wrong.  Before I screwed something up, I decided to ask
first.  :)  I see four bolts on the top of the shock.  A big and small one
nearest the engine and two identically sized ones nearest the tires.  Any
of these?

Thanks so much for everyone's advice on this one.

Philip
1974 Damask Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos
1973 Damask Midget - Lord Jagged of Canaria??