Re: front seal on the diff.

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: front seal on the diff.
From: Packy Coleman <deadboy@hooked.net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 22:42:13 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello all,

This may seem a stupid question, but I've asked that kind before so I'm
willing to ask that kind again:

Can you use an impact wrench to remove the pinion nut when the differential
(pumpkin?) is removed from the car?

(I don't have much personal experience whith impact wrenches, as air
powered tools are still just a dream in my little world.)

Packy (eagerly awaiting an answer with his differential sitting next to
him) Coleman

Bruce Woodward wrote:

> thanx to all who responded to my query.  Truthfully, I never thought to use
> the impact wrench on the nut as I was struggling with the pinion rotating
> and not being able to get it secured enough to even break the nut loose.
> Once in the car, even the new brakes would not hold it, and again, I didn't
> think of the impact wrench, and now wonder if I can fit the impact wrench
> between the body work and,
>
> OH CLICK!  I can rotate the whole axle 45 degrees and get right on it!
>
> thanx to all again.

"The more a British sports car malfunctions, breaks, and/or falls apart,
the more endearing it becomes to the owner."