Re: Master Cylinder

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder
From: Travis G Elliott <TGElliott@infoave.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 00:01:43 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>> Anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the thick nylon washer behind the
>> first circlip on a Spridget dual line master cylinder. The passageway
>> forward of it is clear and there aren't any signs of rust. The piston moves
>> easily, but the washer won't budge. I'd like to remove it without damaging
>> it. Compressed air maybe?
>
>Since a new plastic washer comes with the rebuild kit,

Gerard,

I just finished at 12 pm rebuilding my master cylinder.  I too had the
problem with the washer, but after I saw that the rebuild kit came with
one, I took a very small screwdriver and a hammer and verrrry carefully cut
the washer in half, then all it took was a couple of bumps and it popped
out.  I didn't want to reccomend this until I had mine back working,,,,
Guess What???   IT WORKS..

Good luck,

Travis
79 midget 1500 (with freshly rebuilt brake master cylinder)