Re: Car covers

To: dannyr@flint.umich.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car covers
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 09:54:50 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-05-20 09:07:46 EDT, dannyr@flint.umich.edu writes:

> This might not be a real popular subject, but thought I'd see what
>  you folks thought.  What would you recommend as the best car cover?
>  Has anyone tried the Techtalon (sp?) one offered by VB or Moss?  Are
>  there better ones out there?  Is there a pretty good water-proof one
>  that still breathes adequately?  I would be interested in both
>  a Midget size and a somewhat larger one, too. Thanks for any advice.

Hi Dan,
I've used the "Evolution 4" type for years.  It's a bit heavy, but if
outside, can take a severe rainstorm without the car getting wet.  The fabric
is designed to let the car "breathe" outward without letting stuff in from
the top.  They do a demo with a water filled tube to demonstrate the effect,
and it does work.  I order mine from "Big Sky" car covers, 1-800-221-4875.
They will custom make the cover for your car (Even a Lotus Esprit, like they
did for me) with appropriate pockets and holes as needed.  And typically 1/3
less $$$ than Moss.  I paid $110 for a custom cover for the Lotus (which now
gets draped over the Sprite, making the car look like a child who has
borrowed one of his Dad's shirts to wear).  I had one for my Spitfire, and it
was under $100.  If you call Big Sky, they'll give you info on all the types
they carry, from Tyvek on down the line.
Ron