Re: Car covers

To: Geoff Branch <branch@valinet.com>
Subject: Re: Car covers
From: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 13:38:24 -0700
Cc: Danny Rendleman <dannyr@flint.umich.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Geoff,
Unfortunately for you, you just experienced why it's so important to know under
what conditions the car cover will be used.  Some, such as Tyvek, are waterproof
while others are for nothing more than keeping "cat prints" off your car.

One common problem with (more-or-less) weatherproof covers is "sweating".
Moisture coming up from the earth below and forming condensation droplets on the
under side of the cover, which drop onto your car.  This can... and will...
cause rust over a prolong period of use.

Tell the company selling you the cover what you want the car cover to do!
WFO Herb