Re: Original Fuel Line

To: macleans@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Original Fuel Line
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 06:21:13 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/25/99 10:24:02 PM EST, macleans@earthlink.net writes:

<< I knew I should have gone to work today. >>

Mike:

Some days things just bung up it seems.   I have hit a wall with my welding
and it seems that when I go to my shop nowadays I flit about like a whirling
dervish looking for something significant to do and end up only piddling.  No
progress.

The gasoline line leading into the tank?  When I attempted to remove my line
from the tank by unscrewing that fitting everything broke off down in there.
I solved the problem by cutting a short piece of fuel line that would either
slip over or into (don't remember which--that was about 2 years ago) the
outlet hole and completely filling the crevice with epoxy.  It is solid and
leakproof.  I will couple it with a short length of gasoline hose and a
couple of clamps.  Sounds like you were able to save the fitting so you may
not be as desparate as I was.  8^)

--David