Re: Original Fuel Line

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Original Fuel Line
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 14:37:16 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I actually took two days off from work, as the trains I work on make round
trips.  So, today was spent just fixing what i "bunged up" yesterday.  The glass
cutters in town all seen to get their mirror glass from the same distributors,
who only provide 1/8th inch thick glass as the smallest size.  I went to the
nearest home center and bought one 12 inch square glass mirror tile (suggested
by
the girl at the glass cutter).  The original glass I sat on was produced in
Taiwan (where all our quality repros come from) and I'm guessing it is a metric
thickness.  The glass tile from Home Depot was about a 32nd thicker.  I'll
probably break it making it fit.  ($5.00 to get it cut and $1.58 to buy it)  A
new repro mirror from M*** or VB is $50-55 bucks!
     After many calls to auto parts stores, hardware stores and hydraulic supply
houses no 12 foot length of thin wall steel tubing to make a new fuel line could
be found.  Aircraft Spruce only supplied ChromeMoly tubing (too hard) and the
hydraulic supply house only had thick wall steel tubing for high pressure
applications (again difficult to make the two 360 degree bends).  All other
places I called only had 5 foot lengths or smaller. I finally called Classic
tube
and they are sending me a nice 12 foot piece of thin wall steel tubing to bend
my hearts desire for 7 bucks.  2 days and I still haven't got anything done on
my
car.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite