Re: Sealing frame members

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sealing frame members
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 22:13:36 -0400
Cc: suhs2@hotmail.com, CONAN@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Lancer7676@aol.com wrote:

> I dont see how Waxoyl would actually seal a seam.  Isnt it soft after the
> petroleum evaporates?  I am going to use rubberized undercoating or fiber
> impregnated roofing compound, brushed firmly into the seams to force them
> into the holes.   Either of these dry and can, I understand, be painted over
> if need be.  Probably rubberized undercoating since it is made to adhere to
> metal, but I have one restoration book where the author uses the fiber
> impregnated roofing compound inside his door skins and other places to seal,
> sound deaden, and insulate.

I have used roofing cement (from a 5 gallon can) to seal, sound deaden,
rust proof, my cars in the past with excellant results.
Word of wisdom though, put it in/on AFTER you do any welding cause the
stuff catches fire inside dog legs, hinge panels, etc.
(How do I know this?)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ