Re: Largest Brewery? [WasChurch key (NO LBC)]

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Largest Brewery? [WasChurch key (NO LBC)]
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 22:15:31 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I completely agree on the pasteurized stuff that is exported to us. But,
try it over there. I traversed the River Shannon from west to east, playing
rugby at every stop. As we neared St James Gate in Dublin, the Guinness got
better and better - it was a whole day fresher! By the time we got to the
brewery, we really did believe it was good for our health. It's a totally
different taste from over here.

This puts me of a mind of the old chestnut:

There was a beer magnates' conference in town, and the owner of Budweiser,
Coors,  and Guinness found themselves sharing a table at a post-meeting
party. The waiter comes up to take drink orders. Mr. Annheiser says, "I'll
have the King of Beers - give me a Budweiser!" Mr. Coors says, "I'll have a
beer made from the cool, clear waters of the Rockies - give me a Coors!"
Mr. Guinness coughs politely and says, "I'll have a Coke, please."  The
other two are shocked: "You won't even have a drink with us?!" To which he
replies, "Well, I thought that as you chaps hadn't ordered beer, we must be
in one of those 'dry' counties you Americans seem to be so fond of..."

Guinness: It'll put lead in yer pencil!

---
On 6/3/99, toyman@htcomp.net wrote:
>I hope that the mutual love of the Guiness nectar is not a LBC requirement.I
>say this because I have given Guiness Extra Stout a try,sorry gentlemen but I
>don't see the appeal of an ale that bites from start to finish(stone cold)I
>must confess I love my beer Mexican(no Corona)BUT I LOVE MY CARS BRITISH!!!
>           Tecate' & Tequila in Texas.....Toyman
>
> In a message dated 6/3/99 2:23:15 PM EST, corry@iol.ie writes:
>>
>> << And to think I spent so much time on my Sprite, and <not>
>>  enjoying the output of Guinness! Actually, did have one,,, or  two...  ;-))
>>
>>  Ron Corry. Longford, Ireland. >>
>>
>> Ron:  And you live at the SOURCE of the fine Guinness nectar.  Was there a
>> year ago--wonderful country and charming place to visit.  Tried to empty
>>the
>> local vats of Guinness but found there was too much to delete. LOL
>>
>> --David--Kisser of the Blarney Stone

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis