Update II, Fucrum Pins

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Update II, Fucrum Pins
From: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 23:10:52 -0500
Cc: doddk@mossmotors.com, britcars@juno.com, JustBrits@aol.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
As the list may recall, Miss Molly's (the '79 Midget 1500) fulcrum pins
are worn, and I was questioning the list as to the amount of acceptable
play.  Further inspection (and removal of old, dried grease) reveals that
these things are pretty much toast.  Cleaning the crud out of 'em
increased the play immensely.

HINT:  if the hole in the center of the fulcrum pin is nowhere near the
center of the bushing (say, an 1/8" off), you've got wear -- and lots of
it.

As you can probably tell, I'm not real happy with this, but can't stick
them back on the car in good conscience (and there's an LBC show this
weekend, too!).

Anyway, I now need a set of wishbones, and a set of swivel assemblies
(with everything but the rotors/hubs/bearings attached), and the wheel
bearing seals.  I have new shock bushings and lower wishbone bushings.
All I want to have to do is swap the hubs to the rebuilt assemblies, and
stick them on the car.

If any vendors, distributors, resellers, etc, have suggestions, I will
welcome commercial appeals.  Remember, though, I'm a single daddy, a
full-time student, and a wage slave.  Take pity.

Thanks for all the help and guidance!

Rich
Council Bluffs, Iowa

'74.5 RB MGB "Miss Maggie"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"  (LBC Support Vehicle)
'79 Midget "Miss Molly"

richard.arnold@juno.com  or  rdarnold@neonramp.com