Re: Temperature Question 2

To: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>, Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Subject: Re: Temperature Question 2
From: Ron Corry <corry@iol.ie>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 05:37:04
Cc: suhs2@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi list,

I used to run a 970S in an Autocrosser Mini-Marcos. The DPO had fitted
a run of tube from the heater take-off, to a heater element, sitting on the
front apron. Most in-elegant!  So the DCO removed this appendage. I
then went to a an "el cheepo", (that's a relative term) rolling road for
engine
set up purposes. That shop weakened off the 45DCOE a lot, as the DPO
had it running real rich. To be fair, it had been difficult to start. After
the
work, it seemed to start right handy, and revs were up, and a night-time
test run on a deserted public road, with no lights (Rem Autocross car)
scarrred the s**** out of me :-)).

Point of story: does anybody want to acquire  < 3 only > 970S pistons/
polished con-rods etc, etc, Yup, I don't have a good number 4 anymore.
It seized during a race, and destroyed itself.

To this ex-autocrosser, it does seems a good idea to retain the cooling
effect of the heater take-off, when you run a stressed engine.

My .02 Euros worth.

Ron in Ireland
'59 Sprite "Oggibip"