Re: Update II, Fucrum Pins

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Update II, Fucrum Pins
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 06:36:47 EDT
Cc: doddk@mossmotors.com, britcars@juno.com, JustBrits@aol.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Rich:

Contact Peter Caldwell at  <A
HREF="http://www.mailbag.com/users/nosimport/";>World Wide Auto Parts of
Madison
</A>. If you are not sure about using a torch and silver solder, and aligning
up the screw-in bushings with a new 3rd fulcrum pin, he has, or had, already
rebuilt A-arms.  Any -- he is a valuable source of information.  I have
rebuilt a pair, and one thing I found out was that the alignment MUST be done
with a NEW fulcrum pin that you will not re-use--I did it with a fairly
decent old one and it was offset just enough by the wear that the new pins
would not go in.  I had to completely redo the job with new bushings.

---David