more sprite problems

Subject: more sprite problems
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:43:21 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
a full half week passed with no probs... until now... any help  is
appreciated... I'm really lost..

The sprite does run, but it sounds like a VW beetle (miss firing?) and seems
to really lack power under 4000 rpm. Once I get it up into the higher revs,
it run just like it did... just fine... I also get blue smoke when
accelerating in 1st and 2nd and less in 3rd gear.  The new spark plugs are
fowled and I just replaced them... little or no change in symptoms... what
could this be? and the symptoms just showed up overnight (literally). all
the spark plugs were all equally fowled, next I'm going to run a compression
check... but its very strange. any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated....

thanks

Toby Atwater