Re: more sprite problems

To: Toby Atwater <tob@taltec.net>
Subject: Re: more sprite problems
From: HFC <froggi@cdsnet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:12:55 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Toby,
Sounds like it was running lean on the lower end of the RPM range.  Plugs fowled
with oil or gas?  Shouldn't be gas if my first statement is correct.  If the
engine is fresh, allowing for enough time to seat the rings, I wouldn't think
the engine should be smoking that much.  Perhaps between shifts, but not all the
time...unless the rings are in upside down!?!  Does happen.  Was the end gap
correct on the rings?  Good cross-hatch pattern on the cylinder walls?  What
type of ring are you using?  Check compression dry and wet; report back to the
list.
WFO Herb
P.S. Was the cam/crank timing checked?