Re: Quick paint primer for Dummie

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Quick paint primer for Dummie
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 19:38:03 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Ulix,

Ideally it's great to have a friend that paints cars for a living and use
him as a mentor.  Better yet, get him to shoot it for you.

My second suggestion, which is more practical than the first one, is to
go to the auto paint store and plead ignorance and ask them for advice.
Go to one of the big pro supply stores where they have lots of
experience.  Paint isn't cheap, so advice from the pro's is great.  They
may also give you a lot of supplies that they have left over from demos.
Saves much money.

Try to find out the materiel and color that they used on the exterior.
That helps a lot.

Best of luck

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com