Re: New Member/Purchasing Question

To: craig@pharmedica.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Member/Purchasing Question
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:15:38 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
craig@pharmedica.com writes:

<< is it possible to do so without actually having to go see it
 first hand? >>

Craig:

Happy to hear of your journey back to the Spridget!  In answer to your
question reprinted above, it is possible, always with the ever-present
caveats.   This list makes it much easier and less risky because there are
wonderful people, friends, on here all over the world who are willing to go
eyeball and evaluate a car in their area for you.  Of course no one can take
responsibility, but the listers can give you a bit of a leg up on whether a
particular car is rusty junk, restorable, or concours, and might be able to
help with maximums of money to offer for the vehicle.  Keep in mind that the
more salt a State uses on its roadways the more rust to expect in these
little cars.  That is why California non-coastal, Arizona, and like States'
Spridgets are so desirable--very little rust due to the lack of need for salt
on the roads.

While I am a Windows man, and own arguably the world's best camera, the
Konica FT-1, I agree with you wholeheartedly on the Midgets and the Beer!   I
am a Guinness lover, and truly believe that the origin of light beer is the
drainage of beer joint urinals, having been once filtered through other
kidneys and all the good stuff removed.

You are in the right place!

--David  8^)