New Member/Purchasing Question

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Member/Purchasing Question
From: Craig Brennan <craig@pharmedica.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:50:38 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'd like to start this post by introducing myself to the list. My name is
Craig Brennan and I am a 28 year old Graphic Designer living in
Connecticut. I developed a fascination for MG Midgets fairly early in life
as a neighbor down the street had a beautiful, white, and somewhat
negelcted one parked quietly in her driveway. Soon after I entered
highschool-and discovered girls-my interest in cars regretably began to
fade. But now it seems I've gone and got myself engaged and the thirst I
once had for an LBC of my own is back...and shall we say, "with a
vengeance".

Unlike the awkward, hormonally afflicted teenager I was in highschool I
have developed clear, discernable likes and dislikes. I don't do Windows
(I'm a MAC man through and through), I own a Nikon camera, a beer I can see
through doesn't make it past these lips, and I want a 1972-1974 Round Wheel
Arch, Chrome Bumpered MG Midget.

As you can see I have a fairly specific Midget in mind. That, my living in
Connecticut,  and my budget, which is about $1500-$2500 (mostly due to my
pending wedding), severely limit my choice of vehicles. It seems, however,
that there are plenty of 72-74 Midgets in good shape (or so it sounds from
their descriptions), in my price range in other parts of the country.

Here's where I show my ignorance and ask what may seem like a stupid
question. Has anyone on this list purchased a car from another part of the
country? And is it possible to do so without actually having to go see it
first hand? I suppose I could wait 'til one becomes available in my area.
And the longer I wait the more I can save for a car. But I fear if I wait
too long I will either never get one or may just lose it and cut the top
off my Honda.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Craig Brennan