Re: New Member/Purchasing Question

To: Craig Brennan <craig@pharmedica.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Member/Purchasing Question
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 16:29:14 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Craig,

I bought one 150 miles away, but I did see if before purchasing. There are
many on the list who would probably be happy to look a car over for you in
their hometown. I'm happy to do it for you in the Atlanta metro area. Of
course, you'd have to trust my opinion. I have done this for one other list
member and she is still happy with the car (actually, if I'd had the money
back then, I'd be the owner!).

Another ploy is to sign up for the several e-mailing services that send you
late-breaking news on airfare deals. I _do not_ suggest MSN Expedia - they
simply shill for the airlines and I've never come close to the fantasy
deals that they bomb my mailbox with. Try bestfares.com and
SmarterLiving.com; there are many others. Some of the fares are so cheap
that it may be affordable to hop flights just to check on cars (and this
ploy ensures that you only see cars that are running well enough to pick
you up at the airport in).

Congrats on the engagement. I hope you will be as happy as me and my wife.
On good days. When the car is running. And I remembered to take out the
trash...

Jeff

At 3:50 PM -0400 7/1/99, Craig Brennan wrote:
> I'd like to start this post by introducing myself to the list....
> Here's where I show my ignorance and ask what may seem like a stupid
> question. Has anyone on this list purchased a car from another part of the
> country? And is it possible to do so without actually having to go see it
> first hand? I suppose I could wait 'til one becomes available in my area.
> And the longer I wait the more I can save for a car. But I fear if I wait
> too long I will either never get one or may just lose it and cut the top
> off my Honda.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis