Advice sought, minor LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Advice sought, minor LBC
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 21:29:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Fellow listers, especially guys with daugters who drive.

My daughter gets her license Wednesday, she will be taking over our
Austin A40.
It was *her* car all along, I just had the pleasure of restoring it.
I want to teach her basic troubleshooting just incase her 40 year old
car breaks down on the road.
I have tried teaching her about fouled plugs, clogged fuel filters, wet
ignitions, listening for unusual noises and like that.
I don't expect her to replace points although there is a spare dizzy in
the boot.

Any advice for a nervous father to give his daughter as he passes her
the keys to a 40 year old vehicle?

PS, My girl is one IN a million so is her car! I don't want her to be 1
OF a million in a modern jelly bean.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ