Cooling garages/Doors/Horns

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cooling garages/Doors/Horns
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@workgroup.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 07:47:34 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I actually started doing some work on the '75 again this weekend in
between all my other projects (work-related).  How do you folks keep
your garages cool?  I found that I couldn't stay out there later than
about 9-10 am because of the sweat/heat factor (in Tennessee).  I have a
fan or two but they just don't seem to do the trick.

Has anybody noticed how complicated a door assembly is?  I am stripping
my parts-car doors to rebuild my normal doors.  What a pain!  I had to
stop though because I couldn't find my gaskets.  I'm thinking I'll run
to the parts place and buy some gasket material to just make my own.  On
the other hand, I used some cleaners and got the window nice and clean
(except for the scratches) and got the door handle nice and shiney
(except where the chrome has rubbed off).

Also, I found out that I am missing yet another integral part of the
horn switch: the round "striker" plate that the horn spring switch rests
against so it can turn in a circle.  The parts car has one but I can't
get the steering wheel mounting cup off the steering column.  *sigh*
Can anything ever just be simple on these cars?  :-)

As far as progress though, I did manage to connect the driveshaft to the
rear end and remount the clutch slave!

adrian
"Always look on the bright side of life" *whistling*

J. Adrian Barnes
Business Information Group
http://www.workgroup.net

http://www.midgetweb.com (under construction)