Minilite & Tires again followup..... Help Tires are rubbing !!!

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Minilite & Tires again followup..... Help Tires are rubbing !!!
From: Mymgmidget@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 22:42:49 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Well,  the fun is over and a 63.00 Dunlop is toasted  :-(      I fit the
165/70 13's on the Minilites !! Awesome look and awesome road feel.   Driving
by myself, everything is fine.  Added a passenger and discovered that the
right rear wheel is rubbing on the fender lip.  Ruined a brandy new tire.
New one is on order now,  I have been told that you can "roll" the inner lip
of the fender up so it will not scrape any more.  Someone said a baseball bat
can be used.  Seems like a bat is too big and I'll bend out the fender.
Should I just take a grinder to the fender and remove the inner lip ??
Someone please make some suggestions so I can get back on the road (minus
Rostyles and 155's).  Just for info, The springs were replaced with new ones
from Moss last spring !!!

TIA,
Mike