Re: Importing a car from Canada...

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Importing a car from Canada...
From: Rick <rickfisk@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 22:51:46 -0400
Cc: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
That could get a little sticky coming back across the border, at least at
the Port Huron, MI / Sarnia crossing.  The customs guys have video cameras
looking at your rear license plate and a terminal that allows them to run
the plates in a matter of seconds.  I installed the video cameras <g>.  The
Canadian system is even more sophisticated.  Their system scans the plate
and runs a check on it as you are pulling up to their customs booth.  They
know all about that car before you come to a stop.

Rick