Re: Importing a car from Canada...

To: rickfisk@concentric.net, spritenut@Exit109.com
Subject: Re: Importing a car from Canada...
From: HealeyRic2@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 07:32:35 EDT
Cc: RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 7/6/99 10:53:42 PM, rickfisk@concentric.net writes:

<< Buy the Canadian car, remove any Canadian stickers, tags, and stamps.
> Put your US tags on the recent purchase and drive it across the border.
> Just tell em you were there on pleasure. ;)

Knew of a guy who tried to smuggle a european exotic in this way.  Brought a
pair of skis up with him and put them on a ski rack on the exotic on the way
back.  Told customs he was returning from skiing in Canada.  Got caught, car
was seized and faced federal felony charges to boot.  My advice ... pay the
duty and sleep better at night.

Rick