New Addition

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New Addition
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:15:59 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Folks,

Thanks to a lead from Philip we are now the proud owners of a 1966 (first
sold in 1967) Mk III Sprite which is mostly in boxes.  This is a So. Cal. one
family, brother to brother, always garaged car which appears to have been
driven about 107,000 miles.  A ground up restoration was started in 1987 and
a significant amount of the work has been done.  The body/tub is ready for
final sanding and paint.  Engine compartment, passenger compartment, trunk
and bottom of the car do have finished paint. Unfortunately it is one of our
less favorite colors (BRG), sorry folks greens are not big with us.  The dash
has been redone, there is a new electrical harness and two old ones, several
bumpers, two bonnets (one aluminum) and two trunk lids, a new carpet set and
a roll of bulk carpet material, new SS brake lines and extra SS tubing, two
steering wheels, one stock, one an Italian  padded wheel, two grills and
trim, one original, one new.  All new front end and steering, new master
cylinder, new windshield and seals which are installed in the frame.  The
1098 engine and tranny and a 1275 engine, header but no exhaust pipe or
muffler. A couple of dizzies, a generator and a neg. ground Lucas alternator,
he has started the conversion to negative ground.  The PO has already painted
or powder coated most of the little parts.  Radiator has been redone, heater
core is OK, oil cooler is OK, rear has been converted to tube shocks.  There
are a couple of extra rims, two additional differentials, the front
suspension and steering and another banjo w/rear suspension for a Mk II.  A
small library of books.  Neither engine has been rebuild and there is no hood
(top) or tonneau.  Needs new tires and will most likely change the rims.  For
the moment the car is stored in our trailer and van waiting on garage space.
We are hoping to be driving the car in 6 to 12 months.  Will keep the list
posted.  Amazed new owners.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (in boxes)