Welder Update

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Welder Update
From: Philip Hubbard <hubbard@idir.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:38:12 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello good Spridgeteers,

Found a price at a local discount tool outfit.  Campbell-Hausfeld 145amp
for $400 or a C-H 250amp for $390.  The latter being cheaper makes me
wonder.  This place does have a habit of selling
reconditioned/remanufactured stuff so I'd have to go in and check out
warranties and that sort of thing.  I've just made a quick phone call so far.

My question is this - what is the Campbell-Hausfeld reputation?  I would
like to heed the list advice and get something that I can get replacement
parts for.  I know they've been making air compressors for years and years.
 Anyone have experience with their welders?

Thanks again,
Philip
1974 Damask Red Midget - Arioch, Lord of Chaos
1973 Damask Red Midget - project car