Re: MIG Gas Mess...

To: <Lancer7676@aol.com>, <pasgeirsson@juno.com>, <mbelect@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: MIG Gas Mess...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 05:22:50 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I was counting Bottles in my mind and I came up with 6... listening to this
discussion made me wonder if that Low bottle thing hadn't happened to me
once in a while....  I went the Hobby route first and bought my own Small
bottles... then I quickly realized that a serious project would lay waste
to them in short order.... Two small bottles made sure I couldn't run out
of Gas in a Weekend...
and they are so portable.... Great deal with a 110V welder... it gives you
the opportunity to carry it to about any Job site....(friends house?)

I then talked to my gas company and they have to send my bottles off to
have them filled.... so they recommended that I get One BIG bottle... and
use the baby bottles as spares... I think it cost me $250 for 3 yrs and the
first fill up is free... and it lasts forever... well a long time... then
you gotta have a gas torch or smoke wrench.... and the last one is a single
bottle with a small jewelers torch..

On the Oxy/acetylene rig I have Flashback suppressors... We had a fella
here in town Blow him self up with a cutting torch... and the suppressors
became mandatory in our town... Personally I had bought them already.. Just
a good idea...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )