Re: Top Protection - Need a Lawyer?

To: Daryl and Jennifer May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Top Protection - Need a Lawyer?
From: Carolyn/Rick <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 08:57:12 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi ,

You have raised some good questions, it would be reasonable for your employer
to expect a nice top on your car.  On the other hand, being a member of the
official  we tight club (poor as dirt) I can understand not having a top.  The
problem arises when you look at the book value of our cars.  Extremely low.
If they so much as ding the bumper you have exceeded the blue book value.
Take pictures of the interior before it leaves and pictures when it arrives,
then you can try to hold the moving company responsible for it.

The car carrier won't put a cover on it because it damages the paint.  Is
there some way to shrink wrap a car?  The only thing I know to do is put the
tonneau on and hope for the best.

The only thing I can say is, it is gonna get wet.  Sorry

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby